Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In Heaven?

Lena L. Barkman
November 19, 1992-April 21, 2009

I have always been taught that Heaven is a wonderful place. The pearly gates, and streets of gold. Where the lion will lay with the lamb, and there wont be anymore tears-only happiness. But what is all that to a 16 year old who lived on a ranch her whole life. To a girl who had dreams of being a Grand Prix Jumper, and loved to draw her horses as much as riding them.


In Heaven?

Written by me, For Lena
Does it snow in Heaven?
and does it get cold?
can you build a snowman
on the streets of gold?

Is there a beach?
where the sun always shines?
no one gets sunburnt,
and no tan lines?
Does it rain in Heaven?
Do you wear your muck boots?
And splash in puddles
soaked from head to the root?




Are there horses in Heaven?
Can you run wild and free?
Is there a place to hide?
Where no one can see?

You are in Heaven,
Thats all I know true.
Down in the "real world"
we're all still so blue.

You left us no warning,
so early, so young.
My Dearest Lena Lu.
We love & miss you.


My little sisters best friend, Lena, age 16 died almost a year ago. (April 21, 2009) Our families have known each other for several years now. My heart still goes out to her family. And I am truely inspired by this family.


It takes a strong person to lose someone you love. Especially losing a parent, a grandparent, a relative, but i couldnt imagine my life with out my kids. This family is so strong, and I hope they are reading this blog. This family has lost a set of grandparents, a grandfather, two sons and now, two daughters, and they are still going strong. I love you guys. Keep up the amazing work, and I am looking forward to visiting you all soon!




1 comment:

  1. I loved the poem. It gave me chills. Heaven is a special place for me, since that is where my mom is. :) And I am positive your friend is there too. Her family must be so strong, I can't even imagine. But I know God is with them too.

    Good post. :)

    ReplyDelete