Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trash The Dress

So, Im getting married in June.
and am wondering what i want to do with my dress after the wedding.
I've heard of people selling them,
or just leaving them in their closets forever.
Some put them in preservation boxes (davids bridal does these for reasonably cheap)
but then you can only see part of the dress..the top part..

Next option i heard of, and my mom would go stir crazy with this idea, is making it into a keepsake quilt. kind of like the one below. I like the idea, but living in an apartment, with two kids two and under...dont see it staying very clean very long..
i think i really want to do a "trash the dress" shoot. Probably immediately following the wedding. i think this would be SO much fun, then i could have amazing bridal pictures..and not have to worry about ruining the dress before the "big day"







Some of these pics are amazing. and i would love to be able to do stuff like this.
doing them on both sides of the camera would be fun, taking them and getting them taken.
Anyone wanna either take pics after my wedding, or have me take some of you in your dress?
There are some AMAZING ideas that we could do here in evanston.
-Railroad/roundhouse area
-farm
-parks
-old downtown
-the scoop
-bear lake (not in town, but close enough!)
-the ponds/bear river
Im so excited. i so want to do some shoots like this when i get my new camera..
OOHH! even pics in old prom/homecoming dresses could be so amazing.
SUPER EXCITED!
FOR REAL
call me, fb me, email me, comment me, whatever..
if you have a dress or a camera and wanna take/model for pics
lets do it!







3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! i came across your post and i love that idea! last year i bought a Canon EOS 7D 18 megapixel digital SLR camera and i haven't been putting it to much use lately. so if you'd be down i'd love to take photographs of you!!! you can look on my blog at some of my posts (most of my pictures are of baby Abi) and if you like 'em you should let me know. i could come up one weekend after your wedding and i'm sure we could get some awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i wanted to make it easier for you so i found the posts that i have my photography on. most of them will be in the 2009 folder. they are as follows:
    A few thoughts
    more christmas
    winter days are almost here
    abi day
    summer is Fading away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to do this i have alot of dresses i never wear! we should do this can we? please please pleas!!

    ReplyDelete