Saturday, February 20, 2010

Totally Talkative Two's

I let my kids stay up WAY past their bedtimes last night
and decided that since they were up,
I was gonna pick up their room
while on the hunt for missing socks and sippy cups!
Brayden & Harlee were sittin in Braydens bed watching
Dora The Explorer
and being very cute
(Brayden says: SWIPER NO WIPING, and then when they get the stuff back from Swiper both my kids say "Tank You")
I took a handful of socks to my laundry room,
and while i was in there switched the laundry
and started a load.
When I came back to the kids room,
I found Harlee in her bed
under the covers and sound asleep.
And Brayden was right there next to her
on top of the covers still watching Dora.
When I asked Brayden what he was doing
this is what i heard
"Haree seepin mom. it ni-ni time"
and so i put him in his bed and put him to sleep.
Such a good big brother.

Shortly afterwards, Harlee started tossin and turnin and coughing
i could tell it was gonna be a long night
So i brought her out to the living room,
made a bed with lots of blankets and pillows,
and gave her some med. for her fever.
She was out.
We only woke up twice
once because she was coughing,
and the next because the little turd rolled out of the covers and was cold.

Usually Brayden comes and climbs in bed with me in the morning,
and I am assuming he tried to today,
but i wasnt there.
He came out and in a whiney voice said
"mom, get up. where u go?"
****************************
So precious.
I love my kids so much.
People kept telling me that because of having two kids who slept thru the night since they were born, that terrible two's would be horid.
I was scared! lol
But so far the
Terrible Twos
are more like the
Totally Cute, Totally Talkative Twos!

I am thankful everyday to be blessed with such amazing kids.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Thanks Nicole! They've definately surprised me with their cuteness lately! Hopefully I will be one of the lucky moms whose kids are always well behaved and cute lil charmers..lol.

    ReplyDelete